The Association of Former Intelligence Officers is offering a variety of scholarships for fall 2012 to both undergraduate and graduate students. These scholarships range in amount: $4,000 (7 of these are offered), $2,000 (8), etc.
Provided By: The Association of Former Intelligence Officers (AFIO)
Deadline: July 1, 2012
Type of Award: Scholarship
Amount: $4000, $2000
Awards Available: Unspecified
Undergraduates applicants must be entering their sophomore or junior year by the summer of 2012, and graduate applicants must be submit their applications no earlier than their senior undergraduate year and no later than their second year of graduate studies. Evaluation criteria include merit, character, serious of academic commitment, and relevance of your studies to national security interests and career ambitions.
The application involves covering the following points:
1. Cover Letter: explaining your need for scholarship, your career goals, your views of U.S. world standing and role U.S. intelligence community should play)
place and date of birth
3. A copy of your academic transcript – need not be original or “official”
4. One recommendation [have person send to us by email to email@example.com
5. Recent photograph - can be sent as a high resolution digital image file via email attachment, or printed and mailed. Image should show full face...sitting, standing, or portrait only.
6. Indicate for WHICH scholarships you wish to be considered. No need to send multiple copies of your materials.
7. College of University you will be attending in 2012-2013 -- and your intended course of study [your declared 'major' or 'area of concentration'].
All application materials can be sent by email to the AFIO at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to: AFIO Scholarship Committee, 6723 Whittier Ave Ste 200, McLean, VA 22101. Materials must be mailed to the AFIO offices by July 1, 2012. Good luck!